This veggie recipe is TO DIE for. I mean, I tend not to cook things that are mediocre.. but this one was really a homerun.
This is one of those times when I had a bunch of food in the fridge but it wasn’t exactly anything for a “recipe.” I like the challenge of creating a yummy meal from few or weird ingredients, so I went to work. The result was a delicious, spicy, veggie sautée, along with spicy coconut chicken soup (recipe to come later – stay tuned).
Seriously it worked miracles, here are some quotes straight from the eaters’ mouths:
“Delightful, spicy, and great after taste!”
Did I mention, my eaters have ZERO dietary restrictions? They may be picky at times but they were willing to try my gluten-free, low-carb, organic, free range creation, and it was gobbled up. Seriously. I usually count on leftovers. If you want leftovers, double the recipe and hide it.
“Broccoli was good, peppers were good.. it was good…wouldn’t hate more veggies!! Like mushrooms.”
Yes, you read that correctly. My biscuit-loving-meat-eaters requested more veggies. Replace the butter and this is completely paleo, add more fat and it’s super keto! Take out the egg and you’re AIP and vegan. I love this recipe because it is so adaptable, but such a great, low-carb base.
We gobbled it up so fast, there was no time for photos. I think the room was silent for about 20 minutes while we were eating. As my beau says “If I’m quiet at dinner, that’s a good sign I like it!” So, make this recipe ASAP – and let me know if your picky eaters are rendered speechless. Remember to check out the links below the recipe for must-haves in your kitchen! New to Laugh Often? Did you know you can work with me?! Yeah, I know – so exciting! Learn more about me here or get started right now by clicking here 😉
- 2-3 Cups broccoli florets
- 1 Onion
- 1/4 Peppers, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery
- 4 tbs butter
- 1 tbs coconot oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp coconut flour
- 1/4 c coconut milk
- 1. chop veggies, set aside
- 2. Melt 3 tbs butter on stove, in a sautée pan
- 3. Add onions, cook until they start to color
- 4. Add celery, salt and cayenne
- 5. Add pepper & broccoli, cook and stir - add more cayenne
- 6. Turn heat down to low, add remaining butter and coconut oil
- 7. Beat egg, coconut milk and salt with a fork. Add coconut flour and combine until smooth.
- 8. Add egg mixture to pan, stir, and cook until fried - mixing 1-2 times
- Serve hot! goes great with chicken soup - YUM!
- Use boxed coconut milk, or less canned/full fat coconut milk or cream with water.
- Dairy free: swap coconut oil or bacon grease for butter
- Coconut allergies: sub coconut milk with almond, cashew, or whole cow/goat milk; sub coconut flour with almond flour; sub coconut oil with butter or bacon grease/animal fat
- AIP: leave out egg
- Sub vegetables as needed - all about using what you have!
What recipes of yours are “to die for” and render your crowd speechless? Let me know in the comments!